Now available in Pevgrow the best white square pots for stress-free outdoor cannabis growing. And maybe you're wondering why they're stress-free pots? Do they massage the plants? No, we don't mean that, of course ;), but they do prevent the plant from suffering for several reasons, so they are known by that term, I am going to explain you the reasons:
White plastic containers especially for outdoor growing
These pots are better for outdoor cultivation than the black ones, but that doesn't mean that you can't grow indoors with the anti-stress pots, although indoors the others are also good, since they are not usually exposed to large temperature fluctuations, radiation in the lower parts, hits, etc.
You have many different sizes to choose the one that best suits your needs. You can decide whether to plant directly in the final pot, or to transplant as the plants grow.
Different models of white square pot in plastic
All these containers are used to grow in terraces, patios, orchards or gardens, but not all are used for the same phase or situation, so let's see which are better for which time:
- 3 liters (0.9 US gal) (5.9 x 5.9 x 7.3 inches /15 x 15 x 20 cm.) Perfect for the germination of autoflowering or sativa varieties, both indoors and outdoors, as these 2 subspecies of cannabis tend to form deep roots from the beginning of their lives. It is a very appropriate pot size also to keep bonsai mother plants.
- 5,5 litres (1.6 US gal) (7 x 7 x 9 inches / 18 x 18 x 25,5 cm.) In outdoor cultivation it is usually a common size for intermediate phases. Some growers sow the seeds directly in this pot, and after about 1 month they transplant to others of greater capacity. In indoor culture it is a size adapted for the whole cycle of culture.
- 7 litres (1.8 US gal) (7.8 x 7.8 x 10.6 / 20 x 20 x 27 cm.) This is the standard pot size for indoor cannabis cultivation, although in that case they are usually black. Outdoors it is used more as an intermediate pot, as is the case with the 6 litre (1.6 US gal) pots.
- 11 liters (2.9 US gal) (9 x 9 x 10.6 / 23 x 23 x 27,5 cm.) Usually used as an intermediate size, since they are very big as a pot for freshly germinated plants, and somewhat small to flower outdoors in them, as it happens with the 2 previous models. Nevertheless in indoor culture it is very much used as definitive container.
- 18 litres (4.7 US gal) (10.2 x 10.2 x 15.7 inches / 27 x 27 x 40 cm.) This size is suitable for growing autoflowering seeds outdoors from germination to harvest. In indoor cultivation it is a perfect pot for spaces with 4 plants per 3x3ft (m2).
Advantages of white anti-stress pots
- As they are white coloured pots reflect the light of the sun, do not absorb it as it happens with the black or dark colored pots, so the pot gets less hot and the root system of the plant does not suffer from the excess of temperature. Let's say that it is a kind of shield against sun radiation and heat, although it also helps to protect against cold and any thermal oscillation.
- The bottom of the container is up to facilitate drainage, and also serves as insulation in cases where the floor is very hot or cold. This prevents the appearance of fungi such as Pythium or Fusarium, which can be devastating.
- These pots are made of very resistant white plastic, which also protects the roots from hits or pressure.
- Its rounded corners make transplanting much easier, as there are no corners where the substrate is compacted.
- Made of very smooth plastic, especially for easy and quick cleaning, unlike the old ones where all the dirt adhered and there was no way to leave them completely clean.
Tips on use and maintenance of white pots for growing cannabis outdoors
- Although the drainage system they contain is more effective than that of other growing containers, it is advisable to add a layer of expanded clay balls at the bottom to optimize its operation.
- Clean and disinfect the pots with alcohol or bleach after each cultivation, both inside and outside, with special emphasis on the bottom holes, which tend to accumulate more dirt.
- Use a plate or tray to collect the water from the drainage system and outdoors, where the soil is very hot, place a pallet, bricks or any object that can be used to insulate the pot from the excessive temperature of the soil.
The best standard and anti-stress white pots on the market
If you knew how many growers do not get the harvest they should because of the stress caused by excessive temperature in the root zone of cannabis plants, I'm sure you wouldn't hesitate for a moment to choose the anti-stress models, not to mention the danger of fungi that can destroy your entire crop in a matter of hours.
Don't take any chances, be smarter, and give your girls the best.