You can find different methods to germinate seeds of marijuana of sure form, but the primordial thing to consider is the temperature of the place where they are going to germinate, since the ambient temperature is what is going to guarantee the success of a harvest, since so much by excess or by defect, your varieties of marijuana can suffer the variations, therefore the best thing is to contribute a stable environment, watching that the seeds are between the 26ºC and 27ºC.
To germinate seeds of marijuana securely, put to soak your seeds of marijuana a few hours before, and in a tupper, places a base of wet napkins, without they get to soak, distribute the seeds above and cover them with other napkins in the same way. Close the tupper and place it on a heat source that does not become very high, an electronic device for example, and that does not receive much light. After a day or two, when you see that the root begins to emerge, you can pass them very carefully to a small pot.
For your seed plantation to be effective, you have to follow a series of steps, obviously, as with all plants, you have to provide them with water, to which you can add oxygenated water, which has anti-fungal properties and helps the water have more oxygen. Then you have to decide where you want the germination to take place, and make sure that the environment and temperature of the place is the right one
- 1 ⭐ How to germinate marijuana seeds in an easy and homemade way?
- 2 ✨ What are the different ways to germinate? Which is the best?
- 2.1 How to germinate marijuana seeds in soil?
- 2.2 How to germinate with coconut fiber?
- 2.3 How to germinate with jiffys?
- 2.4 Toilet paper, napkins?
- 2.5 Do we use a tupper?
- 2.6 How to germinate with alcohol?
- 2.7 How to germinate in cotton?
- 2.8 To germinate with light or without light?
- 2.9 How to germinate with water?
- 2.10 Why use hydrogen peroxide?
- 3 ? How to germinate with autoflowering seeds?
- 4 ⛳ What to do if our seeds do not germinate?
- 5 ? Conclusion
⭐ How to germinate marijuana seeds in an easy and homemade way?
A very easy and useful process, is to put the seeds in a glass of water and let them rest until you see that the root begins to come out, when this happens and very carefully, you can transplant them without introducing them very deep into the ground, allowing them to come to light.
How to germinate marijuana seeds in propagators?
- -There are some discs of pressed peat where the seeds can be germinated and it is one of the most used means.
- -In first place it is necessary to moisten the seeds in water, better if it is bottled, because the one of the tap contains lime that can spoil the seeds and let rest in a dark place during 48 – 72 hours until they throw the root.
- -Hydrate the germinators with mineral water and wait for them to swell, then make a small hole and put the root, leaving the head of the seed flush..
- -To maintain the humidified seeds, to a temperature of between 21ºc and 23ºC and under a powerful light..
- -To germinate seeds of marijuana in flowerpot, is another of the methods used at the time of germinating your roots, since it makes that the phenomenon known as gravitropismo takes place, that makes that in addition to growing to a more accelerated rhythm, causes the basipetal growth of the roots and that the leaves of the plant grow upwards
- -Leave the seeds to soak for at least 12 hours to properly hydrate the shell and sterilize the soil with quality substrates such as worm humus.
- -You should put one seed per pot, so that they do not get in the way, moisten the soil and introduce the roots. Leave the pots in a warm and dark place until you see that the plant begins to emerge, at which point you can place it in the light..
- -A very habitual practice between the Cannalovers, it is to conserve seeds of marijuana, in a box of conservation like for example the Box 00 Box, and later passed a time to germinate them, they are the known commonly as “old marijuana”, but it is necessary to take into account certain aspects before you begin the culture.
- -If you’ve been careful about saving the seeds, you shouldn’t have any problems. I always use the 00 Box, which, with its humidity control, provides an unparalleled conservation habitat.
- -You will also have more options to germinate if the seeds do not have more than a year and a half, from that time, the shell is hardening and the chances of the root coming out dive.
In this video you can see how one of our experts gives you some basic tips on how to germinate your marijuana seeds
When is the best time to germinate marijuana seeds?
The best time to germinate marijuana seeds is spring. The temperature is warm but without being exaggerated, avoiding that your plants suffer an excess of light and heat that spoils them. In spite of it, if we have precaution, we can germinate seeds throughout the year.
Time of germination of seeds of marijuana
The time of germination of the seeds of marijuana, can be faster or less. It varies in function of many aspects, temperature, environment, genetics and age of the seed, method that you use for the germination, humidity, light, etc.
The seeds of marijuana can take to germinate, between 2 or 10 days, alone you must have patience and to watch that the conditions of the seed are the suitable ones, see, it is humidified and in a dark place.
✨ What are the different ways to germinate? Which is the best?
First, I’m going to do a review of the basic conditions that we must meet before we begin to germinate your marijuana seeds. The first condition to take into account to germinate your marijuana seeds, is to provide humidity, that is to say, water. This can come from the tap as long as its EC does not surpass 1, in addition its PH will have to be placed in a value near the 6, with a suitable temperature of approximately 22 degrees.
Later you must choose the method with which you want to germinate your seeds, which can be:
– To germinate seeds of marijuana by means of Jiffy o or Presses of Peat.
They are dehydrated and pressed peat tablets, are left to soak until they become a bag full of substrate. There are different sizes and coconut fiber instead of peat, and its main characteristic is that it retains a large amount of water, so during germination you should not water again.
– To germinate seeds of cannabis by means of Cubes of Wool of Rock.
If you opt for a hydroponic cultivation, no doubt germinate marijuana seeds in cubes of rock wool, is your best option, as they do not dirty the cultivation system and the seeds germinate very fast with this method. It dries very quickly, so you will have to constantly monitor the humidity.
– To germinate seeds of cannabis with Napkins of Paper.
This system is the most used by all to germinate marijuana seeds, especially because it is the cheapest and simplest. It simply consists of placing kitchen paper on a container such as a plate and humidify it, the more kitchen paper you put, the greater the humidity will be retained and less will have to hydrate later.
Once moistened, the seeds are placed on top and covered with another plate leaving space between them so that the seed breathes well. You have to keep in mind, that never ever the paper dries, so you have to be aware of the humidity.
– Germinate marijuana seeds with Propagation Tacos Rootit
The Rootit propagation blocks are like small sponges so that the seed takes root well. They are totally biodegradable. Their use is similar to rock wool taco.
How to germinate marijuana seeds in soil?
Germinate marijuana seeds in soil, is the method most used by the vast majority of growers, especially among growers who are not professionally engaged in growing cannabis. I am going to give you a series of advices and indications, so that you can germinate your seeds of marijuana in ground, without making mistakes and is everything a success.
- Control the PH of the water and of the earth, with specific apparatuses for the measurement of the PH.
- Prepare all the material before starting, Don’t forget anything! You must have all the fertilizers and fertilizers you will need prepared.
- Analyze your climate and the characteristics of your seeds, it is very important that you choose well. Because, you must know perfectly the characteristics of your seed, in order to get the best out of it.
If you use mother earth to germinate your marijuana seeds, you will obtain many better results, and if you place it in the zone of the suitable garden where it receives the hours of light that they need to grow strong and healthy, you will obtain a much greater productivity.
How to germinate with coconut fiber?
Germinating marijuana seeds with coconut fiber, is very effective thanks to the oxygenation capacity of the coconut, which helps a lot to the development of the roots, getting to obtain a 90% germination level. We are going to go step by step:
- It works well the coconut fiber with the hands, so that not even a single compaction remains, to later place it in the flowerpot where we are going to make the germination.
- Hydrate the coconut fibre very well, with quality water.
- Once well hydrated, make a hole of no more than 1 cm to place the seed.
- Cover the seed well, and add a couple of drops of water.
Now simply maintain a good hydration and stable temperature, leaving nature to run its course. The fundamental advantages of coconut substrate, is that they allow a greater root growth than other types of substrates, and collect moisture very well, your seeds will grow and become larger plants and therefore with higher levels of productivity.
How to germinate with jiffys?
To germinate seeds of cannabis with Jiffys is one of the most effective methods, and with more rate of success of all. The Jiffys or pressed peat are some germinators that are introduced in a hermetic receptacle and they are humidified until they reach their complete size, next a small hole is made in the center and the root of the seed is introduced that previously we will have left in soak during 24 hours in a glass of mineral water, that contains a PH of 6,5 to a temperature of approximately 20 degrees. This step is not essential, but it helps the seed to open more easily afterwards.
Then we must cover the container and let it rest in a dark place and at a warm temperature.
Toilet paper, napkins?
Without a doubt, to germinate seeds of marijuana in hygienic paper will not be possible, since the hygienic paper is designed to dissolve to the contact with the water and not to block the pipes of house, whereas the kitchen paper, is designed to absorb the greater amount of water possible, and this is what will cause that your seeds of marijuana germinate correctly..
Ah! I forgot, always bear in mind when you start the germination of your marijuana seeds with blotting paper, place 30% more of the seeds you want to germinate, because these methods are not infallible and some may not germinate.
Do we use a tupper?
The answer is yes! germinate marijuana seeds in a tupper, it will help you to conserve the humidity of the napkins where we have placed the seeds and in addition it will maintain safe in an environment where the temperature can be controlled much better than if you use a plate. In winter remember that it will be ideal, if you place the tupper on top of the TV, and you will get a pleasant interior temperature of about 20 degrees.
How to germinate with alcohol?
The use of alcohol to germinate marijuana seeds, can lead to the seeds die or burn, it is much better method to use oxygenated water where we will soak them, this will provide the seeds more nutrients and oxygen and will help in their growth
How to germinate in cotton?
To germinate your seeds of marijuana in cotton, has a procedure that is basically the same as in humid napkins, the only difference is that it is not necessary to cover the seeds above with another layer of humidified cotton, of this way, although they are in a closed receptacle, it is not necessary to open it neither to remove the layer of above to see if the roots of our plants have begun to leave, which is more favorable at the moment of allowing them to sprout.
To germinate with light or without light?
To germinate your marijuana seeds, it is necessary that they are in the dark, and once the roots have begun to sprout it is time to finish the process of germination of your marijuana seeds placing your plants under the light of the sun or under the focuses of your indoor culture, but until then, the plantation must remain in a closed and covered container and in a dark and humid place.
How to germinate with water?
Another of the methods to germinate your marijuana seeds, is using a glass of water, much more comfortable and easy to manipulate that to germinate your marijuana seeds in plate. You must place it in a temperate and dark place between 20-22 degrees, adjusting the PH of the water between 6,0 and 6,5 and later the seeds are sowed. You will have to change this water every 24 hours, or to throw a drop of oxygenated water to avoid that it rots
During the initial process of the germination of your seeds of marijuana in jar with water, these will float on the same one, but as soon as they begin to open between 24 and 72 hours, they will precipitate to the bottom. Once it has appeared already the root, it takes out of the water the cotton or the napkins, and plant them in the flowerpot to a depth of 0,5 to 1 cm.
Remember, that to germinate your seeds of marijuana in water, it is necessary that you use mineral water, although if the water of the faucet of your zone fulfills the requirements of PH you can use it also, but for quality I remain with the mineral water.
Why use hydrogen peroxide?
Using hydrogen peroxide in the process of germination of your cannabis seeds, brings benefits widely demonstrated and I’m going to detail. In the first place, in the case of opting for a germination of your seeds with water in jar, to contribute a drop of oxygenated water to him, avoids that the water rots, and it is necessary to change it every 24 hours. It also eliminates fungi and bacteria thanks to its anti-fungal properties, if you choose to pour water from the tap.
? How to germinate with autoflowering seeds?
The autoflowering seeds, are the most cultivated varieties of the moment, especially for the short periods of flowering, and the strength that they present in front of their feminized sisters, and in times in which speed and time dominates our lives, they are acquiring an important notoriety.
Their germination process is identical to that of feminised or regular seeds, so you won’t have to do anything different.
Is there any difference according to the strain?
The germination of seeds of marijuana, is the same independently of the race, it will only vary the period of germination that has each variety, but the processes or methods of germination, are all universal, although some of them as we have seen above, they are specially indicated for certain type of culture, because it is where greater yield obtains.
How to use the lunar calendar to germinate my seeds?
For thousands of years the human being, used the different phases of the moon, for agriculture, and today the lunar calendar, is very important to be able to get the highest possible yield from your cannabis plants.
The phases of the moon can exercise a different force based on its position, in many aspects of life, including the cultivation of marijuana and all its stages, including the germination of cannabis seeds
The ideal lunar phase to germinate your marijuana seeds according to the lunar calendar, is the Fourth Increasing phase. During this stage the moon increases the power of its rays, to which the plants respond with increased foliage and root. The end of this stage is the perfect one to germinate your seeds, thus you will begin to plant it the first day of full moon.
We have an application of the lunar calendar that you can download HERE. With it you will know which is the best time to germinate and perform any action related to the crop
⛳ What to do if our seeds do not germinate?
If your seeds do not germinate, it can be the result of several badly executed actions, such as abusively moistening the seeds, or having the temperature above or below what is necessary. It is also possible that the seeds used were not prepared for planting. When these cases occur, we must start again with other seeds.
Remember that if you buy them at PevGrow, we guarantee germination (here more information). If they do not germinate and you have used a suitable method, simply return them to us in the original package and we will replace them immediately.
What to do after germinating?
When your marijuana plant has already germinated, you must pass it already to plantation. Be patient, because during the first week you will see practically no progress, but from then on, the events shoot at a crazy speed.
Is there a difference between winter and summer?
Evidently yes, to germinate your seeds of marijuana in summer, is the logical thing especially if you opt for a culture of outside, since the seeds of marijuana need to have a warm climate and a good dose of solar light, to be able to grow strong and vigorous.
It is always more advisable to start planting well into spring, as temperatures are ideal for the seeds to grab and can deliver their best version.
Also exists the possibility of germinating your seeds of marijuana in winter but for it they are necessary the greenhouses, or that during this epoch, you opt for cultivating your seeds of marijuana in cultures of interior.
All these rooting systems can be purchased in your trusted Grow shop and do your own tests to see which method works best for you personally, since as we have indicated only three of the forms of germination of cannabis seeds … and as they say out there, “every teacher has his booklet”. ?
If you liked this article, share in social networks and I will be eternally grateful! We keep growing!
Also in the comments, you can share opinions and doubts that our cannabis experts will be happy to solve. Grow Cannalovers!