The Supra Growkit 100% mycelium for home growing of Psilocybe Cubensis Hawaii mushrooms is so easy to use that it is intended for users with little or no previous experience. It contains everything needed to produce magic mushrooms of the Hawaiian variety in a fast and massive way, since each kit comes prepared to give several crops.
Hawaii variety is not actually a Hawaiian strain, but is known as such because the first supplier to commercialize them was "Pacific Exotic Spora" from Honolulu, Hawaii.
This is a highly cultivated strain because of its fast colonization, strong growth, high potency and large production. It forms very large specimens, which can reach 12 inches (30 cms), with thick stems and quite wide and flared hats, with a touch of brown. Many people mistake this variety with the Copeland because of its origin, also with the Cambodian one because of its appearance, and there are also those who think that they can be the Golden Teacher simply renamed.
What does Supra GrowKit 100% Mycelium for growing Hawaii mushrooms contain?
- Tupper with 0.3 US gal (1,200 ml) of sterilised rye substrate colonised with Hawaii strain
- Air filter bag for growing
- 2 clips or tweezers to close the bag
- Mushroom growing instructions
How to grow Psilocybe Cubensis Hawaii mushroom kit
- Take out the tupperware, remove the lid, wash it and save it for later
- Take out the bag, pour 2 fingers of water inside it and add a jet of hydrogen peroxide (Ideally place the bag inside another larger tupper to avoid spilling water)
- Cover the sides of the substrate tupper with tape or aluminum foil and put it inside the bag with water
- Check if the bag is straight and with the open side facing up
- Close the grow bag with the help of the clips
- Place all the culture kit in a warm place, at 75.2 or 79 ºF. (24 or 26º C.) where there is no direct light but residual light can reach it
- Spray water daily into the bag, not to the substrate, just to the walls of the bag
- Every day after spraying water it is good to ventilate, you can help yourself with a cardboard fan, shaking from the top of the bag
How long does it take to harvest Hawaii magic mushrooms?
These kits are really fast, in just 1 or 2 weeks you will start to see heads coming out of the substrate. From the moment you see them appear they only take 1 week more to complete their growth, if conditions are good.
If the temperature is too low, it can delay the production, in some cases it can take up to 4 weeks to complete its cycle.
How to harvest mushrooms from Psilocybe Cubensis Hawaii cultivation kit
This is the best part of the crop. The ideal moment for cutting is when they break the hat, shortly after they release their spores. Not all mushrooms open their hats at the same time, you can wait until most of them have opened their hats to cut them all.
Before touching the mushrooms make sure you have washed and disinfected your hands and arms, and work in a environment as sterile as possible.
The best way to pull out the mushrooms is by grabbing them at the base, twisting them and pulling carefully so as not to drag part of the mycelium (that would delay the next crop).
What to do after harvesting Psilocybe Hawaii
These kits can give you several harvests if done right, simply reactivate the mycelium to produce again. To do this, you must add cold water to the tupper of the substrate, cover it with the lid that we keep and leave it submerged for 12 hours. This phase is known as "Cold shock".
After that time we opened the lid of the tupper by a corner and emptied the water, without draining. We introduce the tupper again in the grow bag and we start again, spraying daily until the next harvest, and so on until the substrate resources are exhausted.
This culture kit comes prepared to produce, the ideal option is to use it as soon as possible not to lose vitality. If it is not going to be used immediately it is better to keep it in the fridge, it can last up to 2 months perfectly.
Each cultivation kit can produce 10.6-14.1 oz. (300-400 grams) of fresh mushrooms, divided among the different crops it can offer if properly grown.
Sale to persons under 18 years of age is prohibited.
The breads are seeds for exclusive use for mycological, ethnobotanical or ornamental study
They are not for agricultural or food use. PevGrow is not responsible for the illegal use of these breads or seeds by third parties.