Reading Time 13 minutes What is happening to my system? This is one of the questions we are asked most often in our growshop, and it is that during the cultivation of cannabis in addition to a good choice of marijuana seed, certain … Leer más
Reading Time 7 minutes Phosphorus (P) is one of the 3 essential macro elements in the feeding of marijuana plants, its importance is vital and when plants can not assimilate it properly because of deficiencies, excesses, or blockages of this nutrient, the most … Leer más
Reading Time 8 minutes Washing the roots of marijuana plants is one of the most important tasks if we want to get the best quality in our harvest, and many people do not take it into account. We want our friends and grow … Leer más
Reading Time 4 minutes I’m sure you’ve heard the word defoliation more than once and have wondered… What is that? That has happened to all of us at some point, and for that reason we have decided to create this article, trying to … Leer más
Reading Time 4 minutes When working with cultivations like cannabis, it is necessary to be careful and take certain precautions to avoid damaging the crops long before their flowering period. Factors such as humidity, weather and temperature when summer approaches can significantly affect … Leer más
Reading Time 5 minutes Do you have cannabis plants and have you found some yellow leaves on them? This is fairly common in cannabis growing, so you’re not witnessing an exception, nor is it hopeless. In general, this is not a symptom of … Leer más
Reading Time 9 minutes If there is something that annoys all growers is to arrive one day to the garden or the grow tent and see signs of insect pests or other diseases. And the worst of all is that they always … Leer más
Reading Time 4 minutes Fusarium is one of the worst diseases that we can suffer while growing cannabis plants. This fungus can destroy your girls in a matter of days, and no one is safe because Fusarium spores are in the air waiting … Leer más
Reading Time 3 minutes Substrate fly infestation in marijuana crops is not one of the worst, but it can lead to many problems. If the necessary measures are not taken harvest can be seriously diminished, so we thought about creating this article … Leer más
Reading Time 5 minutes The symptoms of a deficiency or lack of Potassium in marijuana plants are easy to recognize, as long as you’ve read this article before of course… So, I’ll explain you how to identify this nutritional problem. … Leer más
Welcome to our blog category dedicated to marijuana pests! In this section, we will explore in depth the topic of pests that can affect your precious cannabis plants. From learning to identify the different types of pests to knowing prevention strategies and effective methods to eradicate them, here you will find all the articles and news you need to read to keep your marijuana crop healthy and problem-free.
Marijuana Pests: Types and Identification
In the world of marijuana cultivation, it is essential to familiarize yourself with the various types of pests that can stalk your plants. Below, we will provide you with detailed information about some of the most common invaders and how to identify them.
Marijuana pests can vary in type and severity. Early recognition is crucial to effectively address the problem. Learn to identify them and take timely action.
Type of diseases and pests of marijuana
Marijuana plants are susceptible to a variety of pests and diseases that can affect their health and performance. Here, some of the most common problems that cannabis growers can face are described:
Types of insects that attack marijuana:
- Mites: These tiny arachnids, like spider mites and cyclamen mites, can cause serious damage to marijuana leaves. They feed on the plant's sap and leave behind small spots and cobwebs.
- Thrips: Thrips are tiny insects that feed on the juices of marijuana leaves, causing characteristic damage in the form of silver or tan spots. They can also transmit diseases to plants.
- Aphids: Aphids are small sap-sucking insects that tend to cluster on the shoots and young leaves of the plant. Their feeding weakens the plant and can cause growth deformities.
- Whitefly: Whiteflies are small flying insects that feed on the sap of the leaves, leaving yellow and sticky spots on the leaves.
- Caterpillars: Caterpillars are butterfly larvae that feed on marijuana leaves. They can cause significant damage if not controlled in time.
Types of bad fungi for cannabis:
- Mildew: This fungus manifests as a white powder on the plant's leaves. It can weaken the plant and affect its ability to photosynthesize.
- Botrytis (Gray Mold): Gray mold is a fungus that can infect buds and flowers, ruining an entire crop if not controlled in time.
- Powdery Mildew: Powdery mildew is another fungus that appears as a white powder on the leaves, affecting the plant's growth and health.
- Fusarium: This disease can cause wilting and damage to the plant's roots, being difficult to treat and potentially deadly for young plants.
Types of dangerous viruses for marijuana:
Tobacco Mosaic Virus: This virus causes twisted, deformed leaves and yellow spots. Viruses can weaken the plant and affect its growth.
Hop Latent Virus: The hop latent virus is, as its name suggests, a virus that infects vegetables and was discovered in hop strains but now also attacks cannabis.
Home Remedies to Eliminate Pests in Marijuana Plants
When it comes to combating pests in your marijuana plants, there are effective natural and homemade solutions that can help you. You will discover a list of proven remedies that will allow you to eliminate pests without resorting to harmful chemicals. The home remedies to eliminate cannabis pests are an environmentally friendly and safe option for your crop. Learn to apply these natural methods and keep your plants free of infestations.
In conclusion, it is essential that marijuana growers be attentive to possible signs of pests and diseases in their plants and take preventive measures to keep their crop healthy. Regular vigilance and proper cultivation practices are key to avoiding serious problems. If an infestation or disease is detected, it is important to take control measures in a timely manner to minimize damage. Prevention and knowledge are fundamental to success in marijuana cultivation.