PEV Grow takes you to Amsterdam again, and makes you fly over the Barney's Farm coffee shops.
Believe it or not, Barney's Farm Seeds Bank is one of the greatest in the world. With certain ups and downs of popularity throughout its history, perhaps
because of the excessively Derry’s hippie nature, its founder, Barney's Farm has been a reference in Holland, in the research and development of original Asian genetics, managing to gather an extensive genetic collection from Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, Nepal, Tibet, Thailand, Burma, Cambodia, Vietnam and China.
Barney’s have been marketing cannabis seeds since 1991, but already in the 1980s Derry began to build his genetic base collecting marijuana phenotypes from central and south-east Asia, which allowed him the creation of a bunch of unique genetics, very difficult to find in the cannabis environment of the Netherlands in the 90's.
After his settlement in Himalaya (focused on his hippie Buddha pursuit and his obsession to reach Nirvana), Derry experimented for years with native strains (landraces), looking for increasing THC concentration, and new amalgams of flavors and aromas .... in the majority of cases he got it!
Although the company evolution was clear to him, its intermittency is due in part to a rapid evolution of the sector, which even surpassed that of the seed bank itself, an evolution that brought regulatory changes also in Holland, and forced, at the beginning of the new millennium, to transfer the large cannabis seeds productions to the new paradise of cannabis, Spain.
Barney’s Farm Coffee Shop in Amsterdam served as support in the promotion of its varieties, being the visible face of the seeds bank until the end of the 90’s decade.
Now Barney's Farm is again a fundamental pillar in the cannabis world of Dutch origin, presenting in its catalog old and reissued strains, as mentioned above, as well as new genetics which adapt to the modern requirements of industrialization in the cannabis sector.
Now the seed bank has regular seeds, but also feminized and autoflowering ones, with cultivars that Derry have launched to top positions such as Barney's Farm Pineapple Chunk, Barney's Farm Critical Kush, Barney's Farm Blue Cheese, Barney's Farm LSD, Barney's Farm Vanilla Kush and one of our favorite, Barney's Farm Tangerine Dream (more commonly known as "Tangie" among breeders).
However, I can see that we leave a lot out, so let's take a little glance to some of its specialties:
- Barney's Farm Dr. Grinspoon: A pure old-school sativa. It’s lack of yield can makes up for it thanks to its tremendously "trippy" and energetic effects. In this plant, the resin-laden trichomes cover even the stems. It tastes like zumanque, lemon and tropical fruits.
- Barney's Farm Liberty Haze: A very successful hybrid result of the crossbreed G13 x Chewdog 91, with phenotypic characteristics both indica and sativa, has short flowering time (8 to 9 weeks) with excellent behaviors in indoor crops, giving the best of itself in yield and resin. It will give you a lasting cerebral effect. We recomend it to those who put unlimited creativity to their passions.
- Barney's Farm Utopia Haze: A sativa-winning in the 2008 High Times Cannabis Cup (Best sativa awrd). It is a selected crossbreed obtained from a Brazilian phenotype, which reaches a nice height in outdoor crops, developing tropical flavors and potent and durable cerebral effects. If you are looking for a good sativa, Barneys is your seeds bank !.
- Barney's Farm Honey B: Another sativa hit !!! This time comes from Vietnam. How curious! ... in countries where there are more legal restrictions we can find the most exotic and the best quality in marijuana genetics. This is an excellent plant, which takes a little more time than usual to flower, but it is worth growing.
- Barney's Farm 8 Ball Kush: In this case we have between our fingers (all them glued, another thing to be mentioned) a pure indica Kush, a blend of strains imported from Afghanistan and Pakistan, distinctive for its earthy and musky flavor. Ideal for indoor crop lovers in mode S.O.G or S.C.R.O.G.
- Barney's Farm Acapulco Gold: This is one of the best hits re-edited. An Indica / Sativa hybrid, very resinous with dense and compact buds. Its sativa predominance gives a marked fruity touch, with powerful but relaxing effects.
- Barney's Farm Sin Tra Bajo: An autoflowering cultivar, a name which we can find amusing, especially to the Spanish people, since we relate it more to the marijuana growing due to the economic crisis than to the its true genealogy, since it is called Sin Tra Bajo for being a strain created to facilitate its growing, in other words, for growing with little effort. An extremely interesting Afghan crossbreed from Lowryder rudelaris genotype.
- Barney's Farm Ayahuasca Purple: If you are looking to grow something beautiful this plant will fill your indoor with pure splendor. It is a purple strain with very "red" dyes featured by its relaxing effects, production and short flowering time, typical of its Master Kush ancestors. Do not forget to try it on your indoor!!
Do we help you paint your Barney's garden?