Marijuana seed banks
If you prefer to look for your cannabis seeds through the brands that pack them, this is the ideal place, because here you can see the best selection of seed banks.
The best marijuana seed banks from all over the world are gathered in this category. The best known brands both in America and Europe can be found here with the best quality/price ratio on the market.
What is a cannabis seed bank?
The definition of a cannabis seed bank would be something like the companies that are in charge of creating, maintaining, and preserving cannabis genetics. Cannabis strains are maintained in seed form, as mother plants, and lately also as tissues for in vitro culture.
There are many types of cannabis seed banks, although right now the most widespread are feminized seed banks, but originally there were only regular strains. There are also banks of autoflowering, and for some years now there have also appeared some that are dedicated exclusively to medicinal strains containing low levels of THC.
How to create a seed bank?
The most important thing is genetics, that is to say, the collection of mother plants or seeds of varieties that we have to be able to create our own strains. The ideal is to be able to have enough space to be able to keep as many different selected specimens as possible, and to be able to do tests in different media and environments.
Most seedbanks nowadays work with elite clones, which they cross with each other in multiple combinations until they find something worth publishing. In this case it is enough to have a mother room and a flowering room to test crosses, and although the offspring are not usually homogeneous, right now most of the best selling seeds come from mixtures like this.
The first commercial seed banks worked with pure strains, which they improved over several generations. Later they crossed them with others and that's how the first hybrids and polyhybrids came out, but right now there are very few that continue to work like this, especially because of the infrastructure needed.
Which are the best cannabis seed banks?
For some people the best banks are the most prestigious or the oldest, but it must be said that although some continue to improve their genetics, in many cases these seeds have nothing to do with what they were a few years ago.
It is also true that during the last few years a few seed banks have appeared on the scene that little by little have been placed among the favourites for growers, so let's divide the best banks by country.
Best Spanish seed banks
- Sweet Seeds: After the fall of Dinafem, Sweet Seeds has become the best selling Spanish seedbank worldwide. They specialised in the creation of feminized seeds, and later continued with autoflowering, fast version, rich in CBD, and triumphed with their "Red Family".
- PEV Seeds: The Spanish marijuana seed bank that has grown internationally in the last five years. They work with several breeders who accumulate a lot of experience in the sector, and thanks to their Californian connection they have access to the best original American clones of today.
- Ripper Seeds: Very professional team that has earned the respect of the industry thanks to the quality of their genetics and their sincerity. They do not work autoflowering or varieties rich in cannabinoids other than THC, they combine elite clones and crosses that work are published, and those that do not are sold as limited edition.
- Positronics: The legendary Wernard Bruining selected a great team of Spanish breeders and producers, each dedicated to their specific area, and the fruits came quickly. This bank was one of those chosen by the government of Uruguay to serve legal marijuana in pharmacies in that country.
- Medical Seeds: Although this brand originally only made feminized seeds of THC-rich, photodependent strains, they've eventually converted to offer autoflowering, regular seeds, CBD-rich strains, and even have some that produce almost no THC at all. Specialists in Haze genetics.
Best Californian seedbanks.
- DNA Genetics: One of the most demanded seed banks worldwide at the moment. In its beginnings they specialized in OG and Sour genetics, but now they have a huge catalogue thanks to their collaborations with Crocketts or Reserva Privada among others.
- DNA Genetics: One of the most demanded seedbanks worldwide right now.
- Seed Junky Genetics: They are part of the Cookie Fam, the collective that has released more champion seeds during the last decade. Girl Scout Cookies, Wedding Cake, or Runtz are just a few examples of the many strains that came out of their lab and today are grown all over the world. .
- Purple City Genetics: They started out as a clone nursery, but from the moment they started crossing their elite genetics, the hits started coming. Right now they sell their seeds all over the world, mostly feminized, but now they also offer autoflowering.
- The Cali Connection: They have been offering the best California genetics in regular, feminized and now also high CBD versions for over a decade. They know the OG Kush family like no one else, and have won many awards for the high quality of their work.
- Emerald Triangle Seeds: Although they have been breeders for over 20 years, their fame has grown considerably in recent years. Their Trinity Kush is already a classic, although now they are more dedicated to working with other cannabinoids such as CBD or CBG. .
Best Dutch seed banks.
- Sensi Seeds: The world's longest-running seed bank, with more than 30 years of non-stop operation. In their team there have been breeders like Neville Shoenmakers or Simon from Serious Seeds among others, and some of their seeds are mythical, like Jack Herer, Silver Haze, or Northern Lights#5 x Haze. .
- Green House Seeds: They started as a coffeeshop that won many awards thanks to the quality of their menu, so they decided to start offering their genetics in seed form. In the 90's they swept the world with White Widow, Great White Shark, or Super Silver Haze from the Shantibaba/Neville duo.
- Royal Queen Seeds: The rise of this Dutch seed bank has been meteoric, and is now one of the biggest sellers on the planet. They work with many growers from various countries, so they have feminized seeds of all kinds, autoflowering, rich in CBD, CBG, or CBDV, and since recently they also have regular seeds. .
- Dutch Passion: Another classic seedbank, the second oldest, and the one that has been working with feminized seeds for the longest time. They always try to be trendy, that's why they were also one of the first to offer CBD, CBD, THCV, or CBDV seeds, but you still remember the blue line created by DJ Short.
- Dutch Passion: Another classic seedbank, second longest running, and the longest working with feminized strains.
- Barney's Farm: This brand has ousted other older Dutch banks thanks to the American genetics incorporated in its catalogue, which have become some of the best sellers on the market. Since recently also offers regular seeds, so it has all formats. .
Seedbanks recommended for beginners.
One of the many mistakes we make when we start to grow, is to think that by spending more on seeds we will get better results. There is no point spending 200 euros on seeds if we do not have clear the basics of cultivation, so there are some brands that for the price and resistance of their seeds can be the most recommended banks for inexperienced growers, and these are for us the 5 best:
- Spain Bulk Seeds: You will not find better value for money, and have some of the most recommended varieties for beginners of all time, as the Northern Lights, which buying 10 seeds you get 3 € per unit. They also have a great collection of autos, the easiest for beginners.
- Seed Stockers: Very good prices in a growing collection, where you can find some very resistant genetics like Super Skunk, which always gives good results, even with inexperienced growers. Another bank that proves that quality doesn't have to be expensive.
- Nirvana: This seedbank was one of the first to offer commercial seeds at low cost. In their catalogue there are some very easy to grow plants, like Master Kush or Aurora Indica, that although they are no longer in fashion, they are perfect for novice growers.
- Nirvana: This seedbank was one of the first to offer low cost commercial seeds.
- Female Seeds: It is not one of the seed banks that every year presents 10 new varieties, but all of them can boast of being among the best in terms of quality/price ratio is concerned. Easy Sativa or Skunk Special are very resistant and easy to grow strains.
- White Label: It is the white label of Sensi Seeds, and in it you can find some seeds that are recommended for beginners, such as Skunk#1 or Purple Bud, which withstand stress and hazing very well, in addition to leaving a really interesting price.
Frequently asked questions about marijuana seed banks.
Which is the best seed bank in the world?
Possibly the best in history is Sensi Seeds, for being the longest running, for the amount of genetics that has gathered, and breeders who have worked. But for some years it has been in the doldrums, and for this reason many people consider better the Swiss bank Mr. Nice Seedbank, which brought together in its ranks 2 of the best breeders of all time, as well as a genetic collection of more than 40 years. However Mr. Nice does not sell feminized or autoflowering, so it was somewhat obsolete with respect to the current cannabis demand, so it is possible that the best seed bank in the world today is DNA Genetics or Dutch Passion, although for us the best is undoubtedly PEV Seeds.
What is the purpose of seed banks?
The main mission is to preserve, collect, and offer cannabis genetics in seed form. The most serious seed banks maintain a collection of mother plants for many years, specimens that are kept in vegetative growth and multiplied through cuttings, which are the ones that are crossed with other strains to create new seeds. The best seed banks know all their mother or father plants inside out, and know the traits they pass on to the offspring, so they can imagine the result of a combination of genes before they do so.
How many seed banks are there in the world today?
Right now there are more than 300 marijuana seed banks around the world, although the truth is that only 10% of the total are the ones that take more than 90% of total sales, so you can say that there are about 30 brands that concentrate the vast majority of the current market.
Where to buy the best marijuana seed banks?
Look no further, because if your intention was to find the best seeds at the most competitive price, you're in the right place. In this same category you have at your disposal the most careful selection of cannabis seed banks from around the world, and here you will get the friendliest treatment, the most reliable service, and something you will not find elsewhere, the 100-day satisfaction guarantee, think about it......
Among all of you who comment or send us your questions there will be a bimonthly draw for a 50 euros voucher to buy in Pevgrow. What are you waiting for? Write now and participate!
IMPORTANT: To be included in the commentary monthly draw it must have at leat 40 words.